Monday, October 10, 2011

And so it begins...

Well, here goes nothing! I'm officially a part of the "blogging world" now, although I do feel a little blog-retarded... I'm still figuring things out. I should probably start out by giving credit to my best friend. I love reading her blog, and today she talked me into starting my own. We'll see how it goes...  my life is everything I want it to be, but when I open my mouth to talk about it, I realize how lame I sound. I guess that's what happens when you get married. You don't need to go out to have a good time, staying home and relaxing with your husband is everything you need.
 Sean and I have been married for two months now and we're loving every second of it! We were married on August 6, 2011 in the Bountiful Temple. Our reception was at the Utah State Capitol. Our day was everything I hoped it would be. Everyone warned me, "Something always goes wrong on your wedding day. Watch out! It happens to everyone." Well, we must be that one lucky couple who beat the odds because our day was perfect. How many girls can say they got their dream wedding? I can. I owe it all to my sister who should be a wedding planner now, my dad who was sweet enough to pay for things that seemed unnecessary but were very special to me, and my husband who did everything he could to make our day what it was. How lucky am I?


How long are blog posts even supposed to be? I don't follow any blogs, I just like reading my best friends like I mentioned earlier. Maybe this is too long, but I want to talk a little about my weekend because it shows how incredible my husband is. Friday we went to his mission reunion in Salt Lake. I was surrounded by all these silly, dorky returned missionaries who looked me in the eye and told me how much my husband helped them. How he taught them everything they know about the gospel, hard work, and being a missionary. How he showed them that you can have fun and be righteous at the same time. That is the perfect description of Sean. It's what I love most about him, he lives the principles of the gospel and at the same time has so much fun with life. He's such an example to me. Saturday morning I woke up puking my guts out. (pregnant? nope! migraine.) My sweet husband made me a hot bath, carried our mattress into our living room so I could watch TV while I lay in bed, gave me a priesthood blessing, made me breakfast and lunch, and tended to my every need. Am I the luckiest girl or what?

2 comments:

  1. Holy Shizz. You have a blog? Boo-ya. Now we have FB, blogs, Friday lunches, and weekly target trips. Tommy like-y.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect post :) Melissa you rock my world!! When I'm married I want to be just like you!!! Except I could do without the puking guts part :S Love you tons!!!

    ReplyDelete