Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Our Story Continued... Again (The last one)

I know this whole blog is about Sean and I, but I have to take a minute and talk about my friends. Could I have better friends? No. As I have been writing about 'Our Story' I've realized none of this would have been possible without my four best friends.


I'll start from left to right. Monica: We met at age 5 and grew up together. She was there the day I met Bryn (who introduced me to Sean) and she was there the day I met Sean! Chloe: When Sean and I were still in our "pre-dating" stage, she always encouraged me to follow my heart and go for him despite all the things that were in the way. She also was sweet enough to go on a whole lot of double dates with Sean's random friends. Bryn: I'm pretty sure I would have never met Sean if I had never met Bryn. (I'm sure we would have found each other, but Bryn made this all possible). Growing up, Bryn was there for me in all my trials. When I first started dating Sean, she really took care of me and made sure Sean was being good to me and gave me what I needed. Ashley: She was there the day I met Sean too. I'm so happy she invited me to go to Zupa's with her that day. While Sean and I were getting really close during Spring semester, just her and I were rooming together. Sean, Ashley, and I spent a whole lot of time together. She always says she watched us fall in love, and she really did. I really love these girls. They mean so much to me. I wish I could take the time to mention all my wonderful friends that have come and gone throughout my life, because honestly, none of this is possible without any of them either. They have shaped me into who I am. You know who you are. I love you guys.

Dating continued:
There are soo many stories I want to write about while we dated. But I'll just share one more quick one. Sean and I were hanging out in his sister's basement, and we started wrestling. Well, Sean had me pinned, and he was chewing gum. Can you guess what happened next? I doubt it, because I was appalled. He spit his gum on my neck. ON MY NECK! This nasty gum was just chillin there on my neck. Sean thought it was so hilarious. Later that day I got him back (unintentionally). We were walking to the couch and he was behind me poking my back, lightly pushing me, being the teaser he is. On an impulse, with my back to him I grabbed his shorts and pretended to pull them down to scare him, except I fell down on my butt and the shorts came down with me. I was so embarrassed! I quickly covered my eyes (I didn't see anything, don't worry) and Sean pulled his pants up. We laughed about it for days.

How We Got Engaged:
Like I mentioned earlier, Sean and I were never on the same page with the whole marriage thing. He's going to get mad at me for saying this because "it makes him look desperate", but he is far from desperate. I'm pretty sure I have been the one desperate for him our whole relationship. But he was hinting marriage around December-ish, January and I just wasn't ready. I knew I loved him, but marriage is a huge decision. I prayed about it daily and the Friday before Valentine's Day it hit me. Sean made me happier than I had ever been in my entire life. I knew I could marry him and be the happiest I could be for eternity. But Sean started feeling a little uneasy. He loved me, but he was aware of the huge decision we were making. Finally in May we both were ready. We didn't talk about engagement much. My whole life I wanted to be surprised when I was proposed to. I didn't want to be like one of those couples who had the ring picked out and knew exactly how it was going to happen. He knew that too, so we really avoided the subject of engagement. We talked a lot about marriage, but not engagement. He really wanted to surprise me, and he sure did. I didn't have any idea it was coming. It was my birthday May 22. He had spoiled me all weekend, and my birthday fell on a Sunday. Remember where we had our first kiss? The bridge in Rock Canyon. Sean and I had been there several times since and we called it "our bridge". He took me there to have a little picnic in a pavilion close by. It was a gorgeous day. I could tell Sean was acting a little different, but I still had absolutely no idea what was happening. 


We forgot a bottle opener for our sparkling cider, so Sean had to open it with the table and it exploded all over. 


After our picnic, we took all our stuff back to the car and walked up to our bridge. While we were walking to our bridge, he told me about a time before we hardly even knew each other.  He was at my apartment and I walked out of my room in old pajamas, no makeup, and glasses. He said he couldn't get over how beautiful I looked. I don't even remember this happening. He kept saying all these sweet romantic things that made me melt. We stayed on our bridge for a little while talking (Sean was waiting for some people to leave) then he asked me "How much do you love me?" I said, "A whole lot. How much do you love me?" "Enough to do this" He knelt on one knee and asked me to marry him. Before he could finish asking, I jumped up and down and yelled "Yes! Yes!" like a little girl. After that is a blur (a wonderful blur). Calling our family and friends, picking out my ring the next day, planning a wedding with my sister in 2 1/2 months, and the perfect wedding day of my dreams. I look back and know that God really has a plan for me. Ever since I was 14 years old, he's been leading me to the love of my life. I believe in soul mates, and Sean is my soul mate. I am one happy girl.








4 comments:

  1. oh. you're welcome. :) I LOVE THIS!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love your blog :) you are such an amazing person Missa! and i'm glad that you and sean found each other that i was able to spend time with you two! I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still remember before that date when Sean came and you were getting ready and he showed us all the ring and said he was going to do it that night...and we could hardly hold in our excitement :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I have a huge addiction to love stories. I love everything about them and I have heard many, and yours is one of my favorites!!!! It's so cute and so perfect

    ReplyDelete